Development tools - April 2020
The current tools I'm using, as an iOS/macOS freelance developer, as of april 2020.
• MacBook Pro 15-Inch 2.3 Late 2013
• macOS 10.15 Catalina
• iPhone 8 256 GB (due for an upgrade)
• Xcode version (11.3.1 since I had issues with 11.3)
• SourceTree, for Git
• BBEdit, classic general text editor
• CyberDuck, FTP client
• Unity for game development
• Android Studio, still learning Android/Kotlin
• MacDown, markdown editor
• Sequel Pro, for editing remote MySQL databases
• PHP/MySQL for web sites, backend APIs
• Terminal (built-in)
• Affinity Photo, Photoshop replacement
• Sketch, for iOS/macOS app design
• Audacity, audio editing
• Slack, team chat
• Twitter, @SkyriserMedia, @ChrisComeau
• Cronnix, visual Cron editor
• Microsoft ToDo, for personal/shared todos
• Trello, for work related task management
• SomaFM, nice indie music station
• Reeder, RSS client
• Pocket, for read it later
Any other suggestions?
Discuss on Twitter...
About Skyriser Media
Skyriser Media is an independent development studio based in Montreal, Canada.
We are dedicated to creating mobile games and applications (AppStore).
Chris Comeau (LinkedIn), freelance iOS/macOS developer (Swift/Objective-C).
Looking for a Freelance iOS/macOS Developer? (more info...)